Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blog Post #1

Well, obviously my name is Aaron Fiveash. I was born in Mobile, Alabama, but I have grown up across the state line in a small but growing town called Lucedale, Mississippi. While in Lucedale I attended George County High School and then found my way to USA. Growing up I found that I found a growing interest in food and cooking, music, and teaching. My father has been a pharmacist with Wal-Mart for over 20 years and my mother before becoming a full-time mom, was a kindergarten teacher for almost 10 years. My mom's background makes it easy to understand why my concentration is in education. However, getting my degree in music education is something I enjoy now, but never dreamed I would be doing just a few years ago. I started back in the 6th grade playing the saxophone, but mid-way through high school I picked up the trumpet and for the first year or so I taught myself how to play. Basically I went from not caring at all to making music my life in about two years. I would say it is a drastic change!

I feel like being an educator is the right field for me because I enjoy taking a single individual or a large group of people and watching them grow over time in some form or fashion. In music it can be very obvious as progression is made which is also great for me because I can become very impatient sometimes, but then again how can't become impatient when you are trying to improve some skill.

2 comments:

  1. Another musician. EDM310 has lots this year. We really must organize a show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aaron I don't think you would remember me I'm Keegan you commented on my blog http://grou.ps/noelclassof2011/blogs/829741 and well I was wondering If It would be okay if i follow you will you follow me because I only have one person and that's Mr.C.

    ReplyDelete