Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post #13

Blog Post #13

ALEX stands for the Alabama Learning Exchange where teachers or even students can go and find very helpful and useful information. For teachers they even have lesson plans for subjects of all sorts. The program was started by the Alabama Department of Education as a way for teachers to share different types of educational materials and information all at one location.
Teachers are able to communicate with one another through the site. The site not only offers lesson plans, but also there are links to interactive resources for the classroom. Under the courses of study portion of the site the subjects are broken down from arts education to physical education to driver education and many other courses. Under each division there are smaller, more specific subjects. The site even has material for all levels of students. Each course has available web resources, lesson plans, and a section for podcasts that can be used. The site has a section for teachers title personal workspace where they can have their own space to share their own personal ideas and teaching plans.
Personally I really like that program and I am completely astonished at all the available material to the public for FREE! Now that I know this site exist I am bookmarking it on my computer for use when I have finished my degree and get a job of my own.

1 comment: